To help your organization understand the value of sending you to the Canadian Career Development Summit, use this template to prepare your business case. You can download it in Word here or simply copy and paste it from below.
Subject line: Canadian Career Development Summit – Toronto, November 6th to the 8th, 2018
I am writing to express my sincere interest in attending this year’s Canadian Career Development Summit held near Toronto, Ontario on November 6th to the 8th, 2018.
The Canadian Career Development Summit is an immersive two-day learning and benchmarking experience that focuses on providing a unique opportunity for university and college career development directors and managers to discuss and share with like-minded leaders from across the country.
Those who participate have a unique opportunity to learn new management skills; discuss changes that are affecting student career development; share challenges ad experiences; debate the issues; and, plan for the changes to come.
Interacting and benchmarking with like-minded professionals will enhance the overall learning experience and will allow me to directly apply gained strategies and innovative tools at work.
The agenda will focus on:
- The changing career development landscape on campus
- The role of experiential learning and how schools are capitalizing on the intense interest that government, employers, and institutions are taking in this area
- Strategic approaches for leading change and innovative new service models
- The integration of career development into curriculum
- Processes that will facilitate progress in the years ahead
- The changing workplace and workforce as AI and the “gig economy” impact student career prospects
More information about this event can be found here: www.CareerDevelopmentSummit.ca.
I think we can agree that gaining insight from experienced career development specialists on these topics would be valuable as we continue to develop strategies and further develop our processes.
Below is the agenda for the two-day conference as well as the full-day pre-conference workshop on strategic planning.
Pre – Conference Strategic Planning
- Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Defining Your Process & Engaging Stakeholders
- Developing your Mission and Vision
- Assessing Your Environment to Unmask Challenges & Reveal Opportunities
- Setting Strategic Priorities & Giving Structure to Your Plan
- Engaging Your Team in Implementation
Canadian Career Development Summit – Day 1
- Career Leadership Now and What the Future Holds
- The Latest Research on Students, Careers & The Impact of Post-Secondary Education
- Streamlining for Scalability: Optimizing Career Exploration Programs
- The Evolution of Employer Engagement – An Employer Panel and Networking Opportunity
Canadian Career Development Summit – Day 2
- Experiential Learning Part 1: From a Leaders’ Viewpoint – Panel Discussion
- Experiential Learning Part 2: Challenges & Opportunities Workshop
- Career Advancement in the Age of AI
- Additional Programming TBA
And as you can see from this list of past attendees, this is a national event that engages institutions from across Canada.
According to past participants and testimonials, the opportunity to meet and network with like-minded colleagues from across Canada both during the sessions, as well as during breaks, over meals and in the evenings, is invaluable.
What is included in my registration?
The cost for this three-day summit is $2,298 including the pre-conference program, accommodations, refreshment breaks, event materials, and all meals.
The cost of the two-day summit, not including pre-conference, is $1,599 accommodations, refreshment breaks, event materials, and all meals.
Please let me know your thoughts and if I can provide you with any additional information that might aid in making a decision.
(Your Name Here)
P.S Please feel free to take a look at a few testimonials from some of the 2017 attendees:
“I am so pleased to have attended – so many important take always, beyond expectations!”
– Donna Moore, Acting Associate Director, Student Success Centre, Western University
“Perfect timing for my department at this time of our evolution and growth! Thanks for giving us the tools and contacts to kick start our review process!”
– Heather Workman, Department Chair, Co-op & Career Development Centre, Langara College
“An exceptional opportunity for learning and team building.”
– Jennifer Woodside, Director, Centre for Career Action, University of Waterloo
“Awesome! I learned so much. Please continue to offer these conferences on a regular basis.”
– Megan Hebert, Student Employment and Professional Development Coordinator, Lethbridge College
“A well-run and very useful opportunity. Lots of ideas and connections to take back to work.”
– Kerri Zold, Manager, Career and Employment Services, University of Windsor